If you’re not familiar with the jewelry genius that is DANNIJO (check today’s TZR for our patriotic piece-of-choice), allow us to give a short-winded introduction—from collabs with their BFF Leandra (The Man Repeller) to charitable organization Falling Whistles, super sisters’ Danielle & Jodie Snyder cool-girl designs have achieved cult status within a matter of years. No longer just a destination for jewelry (they’ve expanded to phone cases and handbags as well!), DANNIJO effortlessly encompasses everything the modern girl wants in her accessories lineup—fun, fresh, unexpected pieces that catapult a basic outfit to hero status. We recently caught up with the sisters on their holiday plans, warm-weather memories & summer must-haves—read on!
1. You guys are easily considered the “life of the party” in the accessories circle thanks to your fun designs, so in the same regard, you MUST have some killer 4th of July plans lined up—spill!
This is actually the first 4th that Jodie and I are splitting up (tear). We usually spend the weekend out in Montauk and BBQ with friends. This year I’m either going to Utah for a summit thing—horseback riding, skydiving, off-roading type activities OR I’m going to Napa to relax. Still undecided. Jodie and her fiance are going to our hometown, Jacksonville, FL. We’ll be sending each other love notes all weekend I’m sure.
2. Any summer food or drink recipes you’re excited to try out at your star-spangled holiday bash?
I recently made this corn situation that I modeled after the corn at La Esquina. It was a massive hit. I’m not much of a cook, but I’m really creative and experimental and I LOVE to eat, so my grandma says, theoretically I would make a good cook. She’s been trying to make a lady of me since 1985. Jodie, on the other hand is a lot more domestic. She makes a killer bloody mary and this shrimp salad thing that I always devour.
3. As sisters, you guys have spent many a summer together—any fun warm-weather memories to share with our Zoe Reporters?
We were just in St Barths to celebrate Jodie’s 30th birthday. We spent most of the day at the beach then headed to town for some shopping and crepes. We ended up doing an early dinner at a restaurant on the water. We went so early that it was dead but we ended up staying all night long til it was packed and everyone was dancing on the tables barefoot. We were shazaming all the deejay’s songs and making corny dance videos of each other.
4. If you had to pick…favorite DANNIJO piece for summer?
Medine bib, Doma cuff and neon Guilia bracelets stacked.
5. Last by not least, we’re always awestruck by your inventive creations—any particular sources of inspiration you’re really digging right now?
Music Music Music. I’ve always been inspired by music festival culture and rock ‘n’ roll. Jodie’s always been really into antique shopping and all things old world. It’s a great mix. We’re constantly getting inspired by our travels — indigenous creations have a way of rubbing off on us. And, lastly, all things Africa.