Givenchy - Haute Couture - Fall 2012
We’re looking at you, Givenchy sandals with the shark tooth accents!
As a continuation of our Zoe Do: Eye-catching Embellishment feature, we have two more way fun looks to try at home—runway to real way, yes please!
For emblazoned eyes à la Givenchy:
1. This look is all about beginning with a luminous base, so make sure to moisturize, and correct accordingly. (Tip: for a chic cheat sheet, follow our Barefaced Beauty steps, making sure to pay special attention to step four!)
2. Once you’ve achieved a perfect glow, take two small sequins and cut each in half with a pair of nail scissors.
3. Next, apply a small dab of eyelash glue to the back side of one of the halved sequins and secure it just above each iris with tweezers.
4. Repeat step three with the top and bottom of each lash line. (Tip: have makeup remover handy to get rid of any excess glue around the edges of each sequin.)
5. Finish the look with a light dusting of illuminating eyeshadow!
For lustrous lashes à la Viktor & Rolf:
1. As with the previous look, begin with a luminous base! (Tip: follow our Barefaced Beauty steps.)
2. To start, make sure your false lashes fit! (Tip: place a strip on each lash line and check to see if it’s too long. Snip away any excess with scissors.)
3. Squeeze a dab of eyelash glue onto a flat surface. Using a narrow cosmetic brush, apply a small amount of adhesive onto the plastic band of the lash. (Tip: if you apply a little more to the ends, your lashes will stay secured for longer.)
4. Lightly place the strip along your lash line and make sure it is centered and as close to your actual lashes as possible, before pressing into your lid. (Tip: to ensure that no part of the edge is lifting, run the end of a brush along the length of the strip while applying light pressure.)
5. Repeat step four on the other eye.
6. Finish the look with a few swipes of illuminating eyeshadow!